Saturday, October 20, 2001

Breakthrough

Saturday October 20, 2001

Today I feel more like myself, albeit a lazy self.
I feel less a captive of anxiety and more like being lazy and staying
in. It's so difficult to get around right now that, even if I wasn't
going through this trauma, I wouldn't go out if I didn't have to. I
guess Monday will be the REAL test. If I feel too freaky than I'm
clearly in denial. The sirens outside my window still startle be, but
wouldn't that startle anyone?
Sometimes it's police, but mostly it's a caravan of military cars racing
to and from ground zero.

I stopped taking zoloft today. It was making me sick.
Thursday and Friday I had a fever: 101 at night
and a low 99 during the day. I felt like crap. I still have the cough
and my right rib cage hurts, but other than that, I'm feeling better.
I'm eating dinner tonight. First time in 4 days.

I noticed they are taking down the white tent at the corner. Perhaps
they are moving the tire washing location.