Tuesday, November 13, 2001

One Cool Thing

As I was riding my bike home from work last evening, I spotted David Byrne turning
the corner on his bike. I yelled, "Hi David!" and he replied, "Be
careful" and rode over to me. As he rode beside me, I told him that I had
been invited to his art show at Christina Rose Gallery some years ago, but that
I had been to nervous to go. He said, "that WAS a few years ago and why were
you nervous". I said, " I don't know, but I'm not nervous at
all talking to you now and I'm happy I got a second chance to meet you."
He said, "that's good" and smiled. I said, "well have a good
night" and peddled off.

It didn't hit me until today that I just had another cool moment in life. Now
I can scratch him off my list of people I want to meet. I have a several people
left on my list, 2 of which are:
- Bjork
- Dalai Lama